Monday 14 March 2011

Diamond Baby Quilt - trial #2

So, here goes trial number 2, a baby quilt for a future niece to come :)
Baby's dues in May and being an apprentice to quilting I was worried if it would complete in time but wahlah...  a pink diamond baby quilt with orange yellow borders :)
Hubby really like this piece and even offered to take the pics for me... I used "It's a Hoot" charm pack and selected only the pink pieces (so i needed 2 charm pack to complete this piece)

Instead of the usual cotton backing, I used printed felt cloth (the texture is so soft) and also cotton batting... cotton batting is so much easier to work with compared to the fiber ones... they cost higher but will definitely be my choice of batting from now :)

I also wanted to explore the pattern stitches function on my machine and decided on tiny heart shapes along the side :)

And now, more pics courtesy of hubby...



Next project is also a baby quilt, but this one's for a baby boy... so blue... here I come :)

11 comments:

  1. awesome ones akka nice...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the babyquilt, and I suppose the little girl will too. I will be visiting you again. Hugs from Moia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I forgot to say, welcome to the blogging world, hope you like it, here you can give and find inspiration.
    Moia

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi moia, thanks for the beautiful and welcoming words...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, really nice! You've a natural talent for this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much Karen, i'm having a tough time with the blue one... hope to get it done by this weekend so that i can update the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi... cute n very nice. where did u get the cotton batting?

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi mila, got it from cottage patch in ampang :)

    ReplyDelete