Thursday 31 March 2011

Baby Blue - updates

So yeah, I'm a little (or should I say a lot) delayed in my baby blue quilt...
Few reason's leading to that and so I decided to just post some updates first...
Reason #1 - I didn't use any charm packs for this quilt and thus had to cut fabrics from large pieces of cloth, and might I just add here that it's a real tedious job... and worst is when they don't match in size :(
Reason #2 - I spoiled my roller cutter (making cutting even harder) and had to rely on my scissors to cut the pieces...
Reason #3 -  I don't think beginners should work with dark colors (you will see what I mean from the pic below), I'm having a big problem finding the right thread to quilt! I tried white, blue and black... and then someone suggested a transparent nylon thread which I'm purchasing today...

So hopefully, by the end of this weekend, the quilt will be ready... and now... for a little glimpse on what it looks like :)

2 comments:

  1. it looks great and blueessh, cant wait to c the end product. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the piece looks gorgeous..
    good luck with the quilting.. tak sabar nak tengok the final look! :D

    ReplyDelete