Monday 18 April 2011

Baby Blue - failure!

I guess due to the extend of the delay, many would have guessed something was not right! Well, to those who did, you got that right!
Baby Blue has been my greatest challenge since I started quilting (not that I have done many)... and I must say, I'm pretty embarrassed at the output...
It was such a challenge and I had to undo the stitches (done on all 3 pieces) a few times and still could not get it right :(

The patchwork was good but somehow quilting was tough... to make things worst, the backing cloth (printed felt) that I purchased was too small and so I had to add cloth at the back, making all the alignment wrong :(
And did I mention how difficult it is to undo stitches on a felt? Boy, that's another challenge!

This Baby Blue was meant for a friends baby, due in May, but I'm so embarrassed at  it that I've decided to make another project for  him... I was so effected by it that I started preparing the quilt last night itself! Baby's due in May and so I really have to hurry!
But the sewing will have to wait as I'm off to Kuching tomorrow, to a remote Aborigine Village to offer some social service... so, till then... adios....

4 comments:

  1. From these photos the quilt looks just fine to me.... I have learned that finished is better than perfect (except perhaps for quilt shows) ... Because of time limits I have sometimes given quilts to people where the errors just leap out and grasp me. But other don't even seem to see them and have been helped by the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi deborah, thanks for the comforting words and yeah, actually my hubby also gave the same comment, it was good enough in his eyes :)
    but somehow, a certain guilt lays in my heart...
    when it's seen up close, all the errors are quite obvious :)
    anyway, thanks for dropping by and hope the replacement quilt will be done soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i believe it more than good enuf :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raen, another one is already being prepared and it's half done :)

    ReplyDelete